Quality pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

george

Hello everyone !

I am asking for help on where to get quality pen kits beside CSUSA. I am totaly happy with their service, but I have a new customer - he is promising regular purchases :) - and he wishes to see more designes beside CSUSA before choosing few models to work with.
The quality range is CSUSA Gentlemen or Statesman and above (such as Emperor. Lotus ...).

Is PSI correct adress ? I have noticed few complaints about longer dispatch time and similar. They have some betiful kits (Majestic, Broadwell) ... does some perhasp have experiences with their quality ?
I am having trouble with finding that quality kits in Europe.

Thanks a lot for your help and advices; as always happy to be IAP memeber.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

CSUSA, Berea and P.S.I. are pretty much the whole line up in kit selection. All other suppliers are simply reselling those same kits. Even more so if you are looking for only the higher end kits.
the URL for P.S.I. is pennstateindustries.com

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Woodturningz and Wooden Whimsies are both resellers for PSI and usually have better turn around times than PSI. Woodturningz has always given me great TAT and customer service. You will find both in the vendor links.

heinedan

As for PSI quality, I have made the Nouvelle Sceptre(spelling error??), a Majestic and the Appollo. The Appollo requires you to cut a piece off of the black plastic threaded part under the centerband off with a knife when you are done. I will never buy another Appollo kit. The Majestic and Sceptre were very nice kits. Don't use the drill bits they include for free in their "kits" n- they blow acrylic blanks up like 4th of july.

Dan

I have had too many problems with PSI, so I use them a s little as possible. Too often there are plating 'globs' tha scratch the mating piece and the threads are not as smooth as CSUSA and BEREA, I'd stick with them, if possible.

george

Thank you all for great advice; I have alredy contacted PSI and they responded in the mattrer of few hours; doe while reading Glenn's comment makes me want to check CSUSA catalogue again.
Will see how things go ... the worse would be to get customers return due to bad quality of kits - doe some Majestic kit costs more than 50 $ .... I guess that must be high quality.
Thanks again.

sefali

doe some Majestic kit costs more than 50 $ .... I guess that must be high quality.
Thanks again.

The Majestic is my favorite kit, but I won't order them through the mail, unless they have a special running. The quality control is pathetic on the black ti kits. At their normal prices (always on sale), it's not worth having to go through the kits, having to return ones with scratched clips and incomplete platings. If I go to the warehouse, I can go through them before I pay for them. I did that once, and found 1 good kit out of 7, I believe. I haven't had any issue with the gold kits so far. The couple Broadwells I picked up were perfect.

george

The Majestic is my favorite kit, but I won't order them through the mail, unless they have a special running. The quality control is pathetic on the black ti kits. At their normal prices (always on sale), it's not worth having to go through the kits, having to return ones with scratched clips and incomplete platings. If I go to the warehouse, I can go through them before I pay for them. I did that once, and found 1 good kit out of 7, I believe. I haven't had any issue with the gold kits so far. The couple Broadwells I picked up were perfect.

Why am I getting the feeling I will stay with CSUSA kits ? :)
Thanks again all.

Wildman

Did a "search," here and found completed Majestic, Majestic Junior, and Broadwell Noweau Sceptre pens made by folk here. Some pens really knocked my socks off and some photos did not impress me. Bet those pens would look better if could see them up close.

Fall 2009 Issue #095A1 says choose from one of the 7 high end kits and they will give you the bushings & drill bits and trimming sleeve free!

If you lived here in the U.S. would say go for it. Not sure about shipping cost to Europe so am reluctant to make a recommendation.

Might try a "Search," to see and read comments on these kits by folks that made em!

Top Bottom