Python skin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dlindquist

I saw a website a while back, but I didn't mark it, now I can't find it. They had Python, cobra, fishskin, frogskin blanks. Can anyone help me find it? google didn't work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dlindquist

You guys are funny. I have a 5 foot Ball Python curled up in my spare room. My daughters pet, which she lost interest in, the first time she saw a mouse die in its coils. Now I'm just waiting for it to die, so I can skin it and make some pens. I've never skinned a snake, though. How would I contact the casters? Post a thread?

Daniel

Anyone interested in a home brew curing formula? I used it all the time for curing hides for fly tying. this will not tan hides, that is turning them into leather. it will preserve them but they will dry hard.
1-gal of water, 2 cup borax soap (20mule team powder soap) and 3 to 6 drops of formaldehyde. I got the formaldehyde from a vet clinic around the corner. soak hide for 24 hours remove from liquid to dry. You can freeze it to save it from getting hard. learned this from taxidermy stuff. works great and will even stop flesh from decaying. will stop your flesh from decaying as well so use gloves, eye protection and other precautions. You can proceed to tan the hide as well but that starts messing with some really nasty stuff and is so bad it is actually illegal in most communities.

Top Bottom