Putting clip on cap of Statesman pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I am having difficulty sliding the clip on the cap of the Statesman pen and then inserting it in the finished blank. Any thoughts on how I can overcome this? Thanks Darrell eisner

This issue has come up before .. some people say to grind down the outside
of the finial so it fits.

But that will cause your plating to fail. Perhaps not right away, but soon.
I'd call the supplier about getting a replacement kit. You're paying for a
kit that works as advertised, right out of the package. Sounds like this
isn't what you got.

Muggsy1776

Be careful when you do get it on- I made my first Statesman recently and when I finally pressed the cap on and pushed the clip down it made a long dent in my finish that I had to take it apart and repair it. Put a piece of plastic under the clip, or maybe a piece of masking tape to keep the clip from sliding on the barrel.

PenMan1

Darrell:
You know I am a low tech redneck, but I blast it with a tiny little shot of pam cooking oil, put a tiny piece of masking tape on the back of the clip and press it in. It is a REALLY tight fit but I haven't broken one yet.

I know there MUST be a better way! When you find THAT way, please share

regards

scotian12

Thanks Andy,Ed and Charlie fir your suggestions. I called CSUSA and they basically said they are made the way they are...just persist and apply more pressure. I really don't like the snapping sound when you do that. I ended up using my dremel tool with a small grinding stone to skim off the plating on the first quarter inch of the cap, up to the indent ring on the cap. The clip slips on easily and when I apply pressure it seats in the plated top of the cap. All is well, thank you for your help. Darrell

chris99210

If you have more than one kit try mixing and matching the caps and clips. I've found that sometimes solves the problem as one clip will fit with a certain cap but not with another.

Chris

scotian12

Up date on the clip not fitting...CSUSA packed all the pens with the clips that wouldn't fit in one bag...solved the problem with grinding off some of the plating. I then turned to another package of Stateman pen kits and all the clips have been inserted on the cap. I guess CSUSA heard my complaint this afternoon and resolved the problem. :) Go figure. Thanks for all your help. Darrell

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Glad they took action.. if I had gotten the answer you did, it would
have been my last order with the company

Top Bottom