purple and yellow acrylic blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Buy a purple blank, buy a yellow blank and glue them as a segmented blank. Neither of the ones you show are CLOSE to purple and yellow--IMO!!!!!

If you choose "exotics", the lemon merangue is true yellow. We have purple madreperlato (pearly) as well as purple metallic. Purple is very tricky to photograph, so the color could be what you are looking for, or not.

Sorry, that's the best advice I can give you, you are welcome to ignore it!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dvoigt

Maybe that one would work, not sure about the black though. I'll have to run it by the person it is for.

Buy a purple blank, buy a yellow blank and glue them as a segmented blank. Neither of the ones you show are CLOSE to purple and yellow--IMO!!!!!

If you choose "exotics", the lemon merangue is true yellow. We have purple madreperlato (pearly) as well as purple metallic. Purple is very tricky to photograph, so the color could be what you are looking for, or not.

Sorry, that's the best advice I can give you, you are welcome to ignore it!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Today 06:46 PM

I thought about that, but this would be for the same person that would be looking at the U of M blank... and I would like them to look similar... although she my not care... we'll see.

THarvey

The Banana Grape blank from Woodturningz has been popular with the LSU fans I know.

The blanks I have had look much better than the picture on their site.

Dustygoose

I did a celtic knot with a purpleheart blank using osage orange for the inlay

Attachments

• DSCI0046.jpg
    DSCI0046.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 263

jason_r

I might need a blank that represents LSU colors, purple and yellow. The closest I've seen is this one, but there is orange in it too. http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_93&products_id=1418.

I also saw this one, but the picture look way too pink, that I wouldn't want to risk it: http://woodzone.com/woodwork/RhinoPlastic/676113.htm

Anyone else have a suggestion?

I've done custom pen blanks for both LSU and Tennessee Tech for people on here. PM me if you're interested. Available in PR or alumilite.

In fact, I think I have a few Tenn Tech blanks on hand.

Last edited:

d1lb3rt

Not trying to be critical, just helpful. LSU fans bleed purple and gold; not yellow. I'd look for something other than a yellow blank. Most yellow blanks I've seen are noticably off color IMO.

I've used curly maple blanks and dyed with Rit or painted them before finishing with CA. Any good craft paint should work. I've been unable to find a multi-color blank that works for me. I like the solid color combination over the swirls.

Al

Last edited:

jason_r

True- and Tenn Tech's Purple and gold as well.

Which is why my blanks are purple and gold.- although the ones I make
for Rangertek have some white swirled in.

latelearner

I made a couple Slimlines for my son at LSU. I used purplrheart and yellowheart and I think they captured their school colors rather nicely. After sanding to 600 grit and applying 3 coats of Hut high gloss, the finish looked good enough for my son and that was good enough for me.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I bought a blank at Woodcraft that I felt was perfect for LSU. My son took it in less time than it took for Billy Cannon to beat Old Miss with his punt return.

I am not sure, but I think this is the blank. If you have a Woodcraft near you, look at their blanks in person.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2020330/21418/Acrylic-Pen-Blank--Gator-alley.aspx

Please ignore the nauseating title they give the blank!!!

Top Bottom