Purple & Gold and lighter wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pmpartain

I have a client that wants purple and gold acrylic. I haven't looked much yet, but does anyone know of a brand/color that fits that bill? I have thought if that color acrylic is not around maybe a double dyed stabilized wood, or buy some purple and some gold stabilized blanks and segment.

Also, the same guy wants some pens in a lighter color wood with some wild grain. He likes curly maple color, but wants a heavier grain pattern. I have thought of zebra wood and olive wood, and have taken a recommendation to look at movingui. I hope I spelled that right.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

How about maple from the crotch of a tree. That's where this one came from.

Attachments

• 2017.jpg
    2017.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 180

pmpartain

Thanks everybody. I'll run down those leads. I like the maple a lot. This guy wants distinct lines from the grain. Pretty specific about what he wants. That's not a bad thing though.

Thanks again

Brooks803

Might check with Brooks803. He came through for me on a couple of exact color matches.

Thanks Jimmie! I can make some purple/gold blanks if you don't find what you're looking for. All I'd need is the shade of each color and the ratio of purple to gold. Feel free to send a pm or post any questions you may have.

soligen

I Also, the same guy wants some pens in a lighter color wood with some wild grain. He likes curly maple color, but wants a heavier grain pattern. I have thought of zebra wood and olive wood, and have taken a recommendation to look at movingui. I hope I spelled that right.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Take a look at some black and white ebony. Here is an example

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

pmpartain

Thanks Brooks 803. This fella is matching his old high school colors. I'll keep in touch if I get a better idea of what he wants.

Dennis, that is a great looking pen. I have had some of that wood before, but it didn't look anywhere near that good.

Top Bottom