PSI Turncrafter Pro drive belts...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dfurlano

yea, it was around 5 bucks. I needed a new one about 2 months after I bought the lathe. They first said it was going to be free but then they changed their mind.

Gary Max

Last belt I bought ----NAPA.
Hey that's about all they got around here.
Just handed the salesman the old belt and he went to the back and grabbed me a new one. Never even asked what it was for.

JimQ

NAPA out here says that "the company does not supply industrial drive belts." I guess I will have to get one for my Delta Midi from WoodCraft.

JimQ

Rifleman1776

A friend of mine who used to design industrial air conditioner compressors said that those indus. a/c belts are the toughest things going. For the reeves drive on my lathe, he suggested I buy one or two and be set for life. I haven't taken the time to look yet but it is on the 'to do' list. Changing reeves drive belts is a PIA.

Randy_

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Last belt I bought ----NAPA.

Do you have a larger lathe that requirers a V-belt?? I would be very surprised if NAPA carried the little "flat" belts that are used on the mini and midi lathes.

Randy_

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />I used the one for the JET from Woodcraft.

Jim: Do you remember what you paid? Somewhere I have a link to a commercial belt supplier that sells those things for about 10 bucks; but with the shipping, it may not be economical unless you are buying several at one time.

P.S. Jet wants $17 for the belt plus $6 shipping.

Added Note: Just called the local Woodcraft store and they want $14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom