PSI Stratus Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

Just a heads up to everyone about a problem I encountered with the Stratus kits I have received from PSI and Wood Turnningz, (resells PSI products).

The clicker mechanism on these kits is pre-assembled. Some have the clip mounted on the bottom of the clicker assy. Others have the clip mounted between the smooth bottom part and the ridged upper part of the assy.

Since I purchased these from Wood Turnningz, I called them. They are looking into the issue. I have had good service from them in the past and I expect the same this time.

Today I received an order of replacement clicker assys. I had two gold assys, one assembled each way.

Gonna be sure to check them from now on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Si90

Yep. They have been like that for a very long time. There seams to be no pattern to it either. I have ordered multiple units of the same plating and have had the clip positioned in both locations.

magpens

You didn't say what the problem is .... unless I missed it on three readings. Is it that the clip is not mounted consistently ?

Please clarify.

I don't like the Stratus because of the wimpy weak clip, and because the clicker shaft to which the button screws is prone to breaking unless you reinforce it by gluing in an appropriately sized finishing nail, cut to length.

Si90

The clip is mounted in 2 different locations. In one case it is a separate clip mounted between the pen body and the click mechanism as in the top pick. In the other case as in the lower picture it is an integral part of the click mechanism and is between the smooth section and the ribbed section.

Last edited:

vakmere

So far I have only received the lower clip assy. I prefer the clip lower. Pen will sit lower in the shirt pocket with the clip mounted higher. Wonder why they do that? PSI probably doesn't know why either. True about the clicker having to be re-enforced. I do like this particular style pen though.
How did you do the red band at the bottom? Looks cool.

Attachments

• circuit board.jpg
    circuit board.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Top Bottom