PSI Southwest Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Does anyone know when PSI is going to release their new Southwest Pen kit? They used to have a expected date on the website for their upcoming pen kits, but not this time! It looks like a fairly nice kit, and should sell well here in Texas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IowaBob

One would assume that if they are going to feature it on the front of their catalog, they would have them in stock. I received a new catalog yesterday and they have put the pen on the inside pages.
I am also on the waiting list.

Akula

On the waiting list as well.

I think what happens is they get a couple, promote them and see what kind of reaction they get (like the # on the waiting list) so they can "adjust the price". It could be months before they get them in stock, then maybe 6 months before the resellers get access.

JMO but can not think of any other reason to put something on the cover and not have them in stock.

Tim'sTurnings

When I first saw the Southwest pen on their website I think they were in stock. By the time I decided to order some, they were out. I'm on the waiting list as well.
Tim.

beck3906

On the waiting list as well.

I think what happens is they get a couple, promote them and see what kind of reaction they get (like the # on the waiting list) so they can "adjust the price". It could be months before they get them in stock, then maybe 6 months before the resellers get access.

JMO but can not think of any other reason to put something on the cover and not have them in stock.

You really don't believe this, do you?

My 2 cents: PSI is a business just like any other. They're not going to order a million of these on the recommendation of some sales guy (who probably sold them the shock absorber kit - now THAT's a big seller - not) who says "It's great, you're gonna sell a million". They place an order, see if they sell and then order a lot more if they're hot. That second order takes a while. Ala Celtics ahead of St Patty's Day. I think I could have sold out of those if I could have gotten them. Timing is everything.

rossvh

On the list as well. I guess my Senior English teacher was right - "Patience IS a virtue!" Just not one I have much of. :rolleyes:

Stehay

I received the starter set then they were out of stock. PSI was telling us the end of April, then the first of May, and now mid May. I've got orders waiting to be filled whenever they arrive. I made one for my wife and when she shared the photo on Facebook everyone wants one. Anxiously waiting...

I posted photos of three of these pens under another thread. I think they are gaudy to say the least. BUT I have sold some, even sight unseen. The people who like turquoise are going nuts over them, especially with Turquoise Tru-Stone. Antler has sold well too. I am open to other materials to use, but nothing catches my eye yet.

Top Bottom