PSI Slimline Pro Click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

I made my first clicker pen today....sort of. I was so focused on the plastic clicker mechanism and not damaging it during assembly, I completely forgot to install the clip. Everything went together smoothly and I was very proud of myself, then I saw the clip on the bench. Is there any way to disassemble a clicker pen without damaging the plastic clicker sleeve in the top half of the pen? If not I guess I'll give it to my wife. She breaks the clips off of all the pens she has, nervous habit I guess.

Thanks,

Ken Holley

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

knowltoh

Been there, done that. I have not had success with the disassembling. A drop of Ca is suggested to on the plastic mechanism of some kits to ensure the click mechanism works properly. In my experience that makes it impossible to disassemble

Soup

LOL..., not at you, but the fact that I have done this 3 times with the same kit. I destroyed the first one, and just let my grade school age children have the other 2. They didn't care.

TimS124

:laugh:Just tell her the clip is really only used to hide bland spots, oopsies, etc…and your pen is so perfect there's no need for the clip to cover anything.

panamag8or

I had that problem a few times. This is how I remedied it:
1_press_reminder.jpg

kovalcik

This has been my bad luck kit. I have not been able to get one done yet. The first one I drilled with the wrong bit. (I don't remember ever doing that before) Second one the hole ended up tapered and reamed out at the top. (Same bit and drilling method worked fine before and since) The third blew up on the lathe (I had not blown up a blank in over a year before this one), I am now working on the fourth one. Wish me luck, I may actually get one assembled. I will make sure to keep track of the clip!

This kit must have a curse on all who make one. I have ruined the click mechanism several times, had a blank blow up on the lathe, and trimmed the top blank and tube too short so that the click mechanism won't even work!

Marines1407

Yes, it can be repaired

You can remove the finial if you have a disassembly kit. Take one of the rods that is slightly smaller than the inside diameter. Remove the plunger and insert the rod about 1/4 inch into the back of the pen. Grasp the finial with your fingers while holding the rod and GENTLY wiggle the rod side to side and sometimes you can slowly work the finial out of the pen without damaging the click mechanism. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I have made many of these kits and have occasionally had to disassemble them for one reason or another. They are a touchy kit with very small tolerances, leaving little room for error. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom