PSI Slimline Pencil Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

I made a PSI slimline pencil for an employee. The lead feed mechanism has stopped working. All the lead has been cleared from the inside. When you push the top you get one 'click' to feed lead and then nothing on the next push.
Can the led feed mechanism be replaced? Repaired?
Any help is appreciated.
This happened to be the 3rd pen I made when I started in October.
Thanks.

zig613

John...

Clean out the inner tip of the mechanism. First, unscrew the pencil tip... pull out mechanism from the top... unscrew the tip of the mechanism... clean out. I have been using a slimline pencil on a daily basis for over 2 years and every once in while I have to clean out a small piece of broke lead.

Rangertrek

I took the mech. apart, everything inside was clean. Noticed a small crack in the plastic housing. Easiest way to solve the problem will be to replace the guts.
Thanks for the help.

nava1uni

If you buy a set of erasers for a pentel pencil or cross pencil, which also fit the slim line it comes with a set of little wires that you can then use to clean the tip end of the mechanism. After a while there is a graphite build up and the lead clogs. Just clean it with the little wires and it is as good as new. I also use a mechanical pencil a lot and this happens every so often and requires cleaning the mechanism

Top Bottom