PSI sketch/shop pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Does any body like this kit? I think it odd that there's no clip. that the bushings aren't close on the nib, and on half of them the lead hangs up, is it just me, or what.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I just made one of them, plan on posting some pictures this evening. I thought it was a pretty nice kit. Different but nice. I didn't have any problems with the lead hanging up.

bitshird

I just did 4 of them, the lead hangs on one, the other one had some white stuff like lubriplate dried up in it, you have to bump it to get the lead to drop, I think my gripe is the hex nut on the round barrel, and no pocket clip, the kits that Anthony has look better to me, I'm going to have to try a few of his if I sell something Saturday at the Memphis Zoo, I wonder how well they guard the Elephants, and if they mind a tusk trim??

gwilki

Ken: What do you mean about the bushings not being close on the nib? Do you have the kit with the centre band? If that is the hex nut that you don't like, just turn them with one blank instead. I've done several that way. As for a clip, I used the one from a cigar for a few and it works fine. I've never had one where the lead hangs up, so I can't help you there.

VisExp

Oops. Just realized you are talking about the PSI kit. I made a couple of the CSUSA Artist Sketch Pencil. Sorry for any confusion Ken :redface:

Fred

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner try using it to remove any possible dried lubricant from the mechanism. Then re-lubricate with a tiny drop of silicone. Blow - with an air hose - any left over silicone from the mechanism. Work it up and down several times by hand and then re-assemble.

I have done this on sluggish pen's and have had great results. Good luck! :wink:

nava1uni

I make the sketch pencil from Woodcraft and it works real nicely. Very nice advance on the lead and I like the sharpener in the cap. Just wish it had an eraser.

Top Bottom