PSI Sculptured Pen Kits - fit issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
My wife and I like the PSI sculpted a lot and have sold a bunch. But, we have had two instances where the coupler for the lower barrel slips. I have used a little CA for both and it works well. From what I read above, I will switch to red Loctite to ensure that the components will fit together tightly and I will still be able to disassemble when needed.
I will keep using the sculpted pen, just too good.

NO you won't be able to disassemble if you use Red Loctite. the only way is to use heat. and LOTS of it.
A kid in my sons Auto Shop Class put red loctite on his lugs... needless to say when my son told me that I just about poo'd myself from laughing.. Once I collected myself I explained that he will have to torch them to cherry red to get them off so he best pray that he never gets a flat.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

My wife and I like the PSI sculpted a lot and have sold a bunch. But, we have had two instances where the coupler for the lower barrel slips. I have used a little CA for both and it works well. From what I read above, I will switch to red Loctite to ensure that the components will fit together tightly and I will still be able to disassemble when needed.
I will keep using the sculpted pen, just too good.

NO you won't be able to disassemble if you use Red Loctite. the only way is to use heat. and LOTS of it.
A kid in my sons Auto Shop Class put red loctite on his lugs... needless to say when my son told me that I just about poo'd myself from laughing.. Once I collected myself I explained that he will have to torch them to cherry red to get them off so he best pray that he never gets a flat.
it's going to be easier to just break the lugs off and replace them, I bet.

jcm71

I had been following this thread with interest, before it devolved into a debate on the virtues of red and blue Loctite versus CA, as I had recently ordered the Sculpted Pen starter set from PSI.
Just got around to making two yesterday (19 Jun) and experienced the same loose fit issues as described in the OP. What I did not see discussed in this thread was the center band. Of the three I have made, all three CBs slipped on too easily without pressing, and I could remove them by hand. Blue Loctite to the rescue on all three. The third pen is still incomplete. When I tried to press the cap and clip into the cap holder, all I succeeded in doing was push the cap holder further down the tube. Right now I'm just letting it sit for a couple of hours before I try again. Nice looking pen, but all the press components are a skosh too small for the tubes. As a comparison, the Princess nib and coupler band press nicely, and there is no way to get a Perfect Fit CB off once it's pressed on, although a PF's nib and coupler band could use a Loctite boost.

Top Bottom