PSI Power Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjbear76

I get the occasional request for a thicker lead pencil, and usually the Power Pencil from PSI with the 2mm lead makes the customer happy. However, the pencil originally had a built-in sharpener in the cap. But in my latest shipment, the sharpener has been replaced with a piece of eraser. The thing is so small, it's useless. One of the selling points of this kit was the built-in sharpener.
Has anyone else encountered this? What are your thoughts on the change?

sbell111

I don't have one of these kits handy to look at, but the instructions suggest that the kit has both an eraser and a sharpener. From the instructions, either the plunger cap itself serves as a sharpener or you pull off the entire plunger assembly and use the bottom of that.

KenV

Have built about 20 of those over the years -- Have mixed opinion about the sharpener in the cap because it tends to be messy and/or get lead dust in the mechanism which causes clogs/binding and requires service. Most of those using these are willing to sharpen on a piece of fine sandpaper (the old draftsman way). A small piece of 240 grit or a few nail sticks will last a long time and with a small plastic bag, keep the swarf contained. Try the fine side of a nail board and see what you think

External eraser is good too --

Top Bottom