PSI PKEZPEN help...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I purchased several of these kits a while back, the customer who wanted the click pen changed their mind and bought something else.

Point is, I never used these kits untill tonight. And dummy me put several together before writing with one to test it.

Problem is, when you put the point on paper to write, the refill goes back inside the pen.

Can someone explain to me how the heck this thing goes together. Please.

Thanks,
JohnPayton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Oh that's just an ink saving feature [:)]
sorry, I don't really have an answer for you. and I know your question is a serious one. I just couldn't help myself.
I seem to remember having this problem way back when. But for the life of me I can't remeber just what I did, or didn't do to cause it or fix it. something in the back of my head says I had a spring in the wrong place.
sorry I can't get more out of my head for you than that.

daledut

I have not made any of these pens but have made a bunch of the Slimline Pro which I uses a similar mechanism.

In this mechanism there are 2 springs. One is at the tip where you would expect it, and the other is at the button end. If the button end spring is missing it will do what you describe. If you unscrew the button there should be a spring surrounding the click mechanism.

Check it out and let me know if that is it.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Thats ok Daniel, I have a funny bone [:)] and I appreciate the suggestion...might try that as a selling point[:)]

but for everyone...the spring (both of them - one in front one in back) are there...

...when the end is depressed, the refill comes out and is in normal position...untill you put it to paper...it then gets pushed back up into the barell...[?]

Thanks,
JohnPayton

G

You might already know this but in case you don't.
PSI has a refrence section that includes all of the instructions for their pens on their home page click:
Download library.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Just a thought,Haqve you talked to the guys at Woodturningz?thay may be able to help/

melogic

John,
I put a few of these together and had problems with them. This was one of the problems. I found out that the end of the pen that gets pressed in and holds the clip was the problem. The pen and pencil use pretty much the same parts but on one of them this end cap is longer than the other one. I'm not sure which is which but this was my problem. I had 2 of 5 kits were messed up like this. Hope this helps out!

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I owe a great amount of gratitude to Ryan over at Woodturningz for correcting this problem. I just can't say enough good things about Ryan for all his help. I was so flustered at PSI for their non-caring attitude it was incredible. I had placed a call to PSI, spoke to their pen tech and described the problem, he informed me they were aware of the problem that they had shipped out the wrong part for the first few hundred kits. It went downhill from there.

The first pic shows the pens put together and that clearly the pen plunger is coming out of the plunger guide.

20041124181715_PSI-01.jpg
<br />

Second pic is just of a couple more pens taken partially apart trying to figure out the problem.

20041124181828_PSI-02.jpg
<br />

And this third pic is of the wrong part shipped on the left (short) and the correct part (long) shipped to me by Ryan at Woodturningz to fix the problem.

20041124182151_PSI-03.jpg
<br />

Thanks to all,
JohnPayton

melogic

John,
This was the exact same problem I had, as I described earlier, with the same results from PSI. Glad to hear your issues were resolved. I really do like this style of pen and pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom