PSI Over an Under

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Has anyone made the PSI Over and Under with anything other than black for the shotgun shell and camo on the bullet? I need to make one before Thursday and was just wondering if there is anything else that looks right/good on that kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

Has anyone made the PSI Over and Under with anything other than black for the shotgun shell and camo on the bullet? I need to make one before Thursday and was just wondering if there is anything else that looks right/good on that kit.

Gary, here is one I did in Honduran Rosewood Burl and Redheart. Sorry, I didn't get a better picture.

Attachments

• OU2.jpg
    OU2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 256

G1Pens

That looks nice. Maybe a dark top and a lighter body would look good? Never really thought about all wood, but I like it. That's why you gotta ask on here.

ohiococonut

Here are a couple I did in red and black. I used the red to simulate a WWAA shell with curly maple. The black one is spalted maple burl. Because the shell turns so thin, if you use red, make sure you paint the tube.

Shotgunclosed.jpg

CREID

Here are a couple I did in red and black. I used the red to simulate a WWAA shell with curly maple. The black one is spalted maple burl. Because the shell turns so thin, if you use red, make sure you paint the tube.

Shotgunclosed.jpg

I didn't like the red one until I thought of all the red shells I,ve shot, and then I liked it.:hypnotized:
Curt

ohiococonut

I guess it all depends if you're trying to simulate a particular shell. IIRC, for plastic cases Federals are yellow, Remington did make a blue magic and black. S&B are green, etc....
If it's for a shotgunner ask them what shells they shoot and go from there. Either way it's a pretty large canvas to display on and I think contrasting colors look best. It shows the distinction between the cap and shell body.

Old Lar

I have turned some with a bloodwood cap and pheasant feather body. I have used many of the pheasant feather blanks from JohnU, but this is one my wife made and I didn't screw up casting and turning it. This is the third one I have made and sold. They are bid and a little clumsy to use, but I live in hunting country so they move.

Attachments

• CIMG0972.jpg
    CIMG0972.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 129
  • CIMG0970.jpg
    CIMG0970.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom