PSI No tennon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TexasSteel

Got a titanium gold euro kit. This has a new band that does not need a tennon. Directions don't state how to put the no tennon band on. I assumed to part to the tube and slide on, but the tube doesnt fint inside the hole that is in the band. Anyone turned one of these yet? Any help of info would be great!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBCbushings

Is it a press fit??? I have not done one of these yet. I was looking to get a few but will wait to see what's up....
Brian

TexasSteel

Is it a press fit??? I have not done one of these yet. I was looking to get a few but will wait to see what's up....
Brian

I looks like a band on the the PSI Trimline kit. It will slide over the tranny but where I parted down to the tube it doesn't. I thought about being a press kit but I didn't want to goober it up. I'll have to get with PSI Monday.

arioux

According to the instruction, the band just slip over the tranny. You don't part the wood to the tube either.

The band just fit bettween the top and bottom of the pen, like a slimline

TexasSteel

Don't I feel stupid! Arioux I hadn't taken the time to look at the assembly part of the instructions. After reading your reply I turned over the instructions to the assembly part and there it was! Thanks for the post. I'll be reading more through next time. BTW the part I parted off was short enough for me to cut off the tube re square the end finish and assemble. I'll post a pic in a few.. Thanks !!!!
According to the instruction, the band just slip over the tranny. You don't part the wood to the tube either.

The band just fit bettween the top and bottom of the pen, like a slimline

zig613

Just as a heads up I dont think they sell the new 7mm designer in titantium gold. Here is a message I received from Penn State when I inquired about not seeing the new designer in titanium gold on there website.

"I am sorry, we have indeed discontinued the Titanium Designer Kit. Our supplier came out with a new design without having to cut a tenon. Unfortunately, it was decided gun metal and chrome were more in demand than Platinum or Titanium. I hope this information helps you."

Maria, Penn State Industries

The titanium 7mm designer was a big seller for me... now it looks like I will have find a replacement... perhaps the Berea kit.

Wade

soligen

Thanks for this thread. The new construction is rather disappointing. I personally think it is a poor design to have a small loose part that can get lost when changing a refill. I guess I'll stick with other suppliers. I was hoping it was a part to the tube type of construction.

BTW my favorite 7mm kit is the Black TI euro from woodcraft. Looks sharp, the transmissions seem nicer than other kits I've used, and the kit refills seem to write better than some other kits I've used. They were on sale a couple weeks ago - don't know if the sale is still on. I thought woodcraft used berea kits, but I didnt see this one at berea.

mach9

I can turn the tenon accurately on my Taig lathe in about 2 minutes. I don't like the idea of that center band just floating round. I think I'll stick with the standard kits.

TexasSteel

I can turn the tenon accurately on my Taig lathe in about 2 minutes. I don't like the idea of that center band just floating round. I think I'll stick with the standard kits.

Mach I agree with you on that. Here is a pic of the mistake pen.

Attachments

• 100_0017.jpg
    100_0017.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 121
Top Bottom