PSI Motorcycle Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I asked the same question here a couple of weeks ago and got no answer.

I will follow this thread to see if you are more fortunate.

Actually, my question was phrased in terms of feeling any discomfort from the beak when you are writing ... but basically the same concern, right ?

pshrynk

My question about this is the kick start thingy - does it snag on anything? It looks like it stick out. I'm sort of hyped on getting some of these. How do they look in the wild?

WriteON

I'm giving thought to buying the kit. I strongly feel it is a (Desk) display pen. Most of PSI kits are. I love the novel look...however cannot and won't carry most of them and do not use for a writer.

Last edited:

WriteON

Nice kits. Heavy for the pocket but nice kits.

Attachments

• 3FF66FA3-D68C-4364-8A2E-BEFFCC726FCB.jpg
    3FF66FA3-D68C-4364-8A2E-BEFFCC726FCB.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 263

magpens

I agree. . I bought some but haven't made them yet. . They are much nicer that many of the recent PSI gimmicky kits ... I don't regard this one as gimmicky. . It has a lot going for it being a kind of Bolt Action style with a foot-pedal in place of the rifle bolt. The foot pedal may had more of a tendency to snag than the bolt. . I await reports on that "feature". . I am going to try to think up a novel way of turning the blank in keeping with the motorcycle them. . Hope to post pic in due course.

WriteON

What I like so far. Construction is very forgiving. If the blank is over trimmed a tad the advance/retraction is still acceptable. The refill tip does not sit on the borderline of the pen tip end when retracted. As for the sliding foot pedal...gotta love it. Works each and every time. Snagging...the pedal is 90degrees to the clip. Should not be a problem...carry on proper side of pocket remove and gently.

Last edited:

WriteON

Actually, my question was phrased in terms of feeling any discomfort from the beak when you are writing ... but basically the same concern, right ?

No discomfort from the beak....but the pen is top heavy and feels strange to write with. It's definitely not a comfort pen. (But I use cheap thin pens to write with).
They might be great sellers. Like car people and pool players that buy everything the bikers enjoy related doodads.

Logospens

Just made 5 of these. They sold almost instantly. Fun to make. I used the flame cutouts. Not a pen I would carry but they would look great on a desk or display case.

353bf61.jpg

magpens

Thanks a lot for posting this pic.

I assume that by "cutouts" you are referring to the inlay blanks.

Did you buy those inlay blanks from PSI ?

They look a lot like similar blanks sold by Kallenshaanwoods.com for Sierra kits.

Last edited:

Jester4977

Has anyone had issues using a Parker (name brand) refill in this kit? I have found that it only fits the generic refills from PSI and that the Parker or Schmidt refills don't work. The generic refills have a longer taper on them, so the name brand refills catch inside the nib and don't allow the kick start lever to lock in place. The difference is only about a millimeter, but it means it will be hard to get refills for customers.

Top Bottom