PSI Majestic Kit Bushing Runaround

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tntwoodcrafts

On June 20th I received a Majestic starter kit that PSI had as a email special.........nice kit. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/e-10294.html One problem, they neglected to add the sizing bushings so I emailed them. On the same day they wrote back "Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware that some of the orders for the Specials went out without bushings. We are shipping those separately and apologize for the delay. Your bushings shipped out today at no charge. Please let me know if you do not receive them in a week or so. Thank you." After waiting more than a week or two they still didn't arrive so back to the keyboard. July 9th I received an answer "Those bushings are due into us the beginning of next week. I am very sorry that you lost a sale, but our supply was limited and we sent out what we had available. The mistake that was made in not including the bushings was simple, human error and, again, we tried to send out what we had available." I am getting tired of the run around so they will not be getting anymore of my business.

CSUSA have a similar looking kit and I'm curious if any one would know if the bushings for their kits would work with the PSI model? They look identical but would like a second opinion. I need those bushings.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Pen_Making___Pen_Kits___Lot...

Thanks all!
Terry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I have just about totally quit ordering from PSI and the problem of them not having stuff in stock is one of the reasons.

As to your bushing question, I don't know the answer. Both kits (Majestic and Emperor) take the same size drill bits so there is a good chance the Emperor bushings will fit the Majestic tubes. Whether the shoulder part of the bushing matches the Majestic fittings isn't that important as you can always size the wood to the fittings by using a vernier, dial or digital caliper.

tntwoodcrafts

Thank you Randy for your input.
PSI seems to have communication problem as well, in that it takes them sometimes 3-4 days to respond to an order and that is during business days. I specially ordered this kit in plenty of time for me to make a grad gift for a client and because I couldn't deliver on time I lost the sale!! I hope I won't be stuck with this expensive kit. Oh well, there are graduations every June! Thanks again!
Terry

Rmartin

The bushings are different. The upper barrel seems the same, but the lower bushing of the Majestic is slightly smaller than the Emperor.

Rmartin

Firefyter-emt

Which way though??? Is the tube the same and just the outer bushing size?? I hardly ever make a pen based on a bushing, I use the calipers to size to the hardware I am using on that kit. MY pen storage boxes have a large unused section on the RT side that I put the refills in. I will leave the hard ware that I measured in that section untill it's time to use.

If they are way off, you are half way there it seems to just glue up some slimline tubes in Corian. Then you can and make a set of bushings to fit the other end.

Rudy Vey

Why not going to CSUSA's website and download the instruction for the kit that is similar to the Majestic. They list the bushing diameters, and you could measure the hardware you got and compare. Might fit, might not - but worth to go to their website, or?

GBusardo

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />I have just about totally quit ordering from PSI and the problem of them not having stuff in stock is one of the reasons.

Same here. I got burned last Christmas when they could not/would not tell me something was out of stock.

BernieW

I quit ordering from PSI a long time ago. I had placed 4 orders and everyone of them had something if not all the items backordered. What made me mad was they wouldn't even tell you if they had it in stock or not. Then had to wait a month on some stuff. The last order I canceled my credit card charge and went elsewhere. Boy let me tell you when I did that I think they were on the phone to me 10 minutes after I did it. I just told the gal sorry and I could not recommend them to anyone.

tntwoodcrafts

It seems that the general feeling amongst turners is that they are not very happy with PSI. I didn't order that much from them but did from the re-sellers like Woodturningz and POC. It almost seems like they don't care because they have enough re-sellers moving their products.
I am just starting to go into the higher end hardware so I thought, hell, why not start from the top but looks like I started with the wrong supplier. There is a saying, "screw me once shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me"!!![:D] I won't be recommending them either. I used to buy from Arizon Sillouette but they won't ship to Canada anymore, I guess they have enough business in the US. There is a turner from SC that is sending me a set of bushings in exchange for some spalted crab apple blanks so I will be OK. Thank you all for the feedback, much appreciated. Cheers
Terry

tntwoodcrafts

<b>Received this from NON Customer Service this morning!
Customer Service was informed by Purchasing on 6/21 that all of the missed bushings were being shipped out that day. Apparently, while they were shipping them, they ran out of inventory and had to back order the rest. I have apologized for the mistake, but cannot make items appear that are not in the building. Good luck with the next company you deal with.</b>

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??

Originally posted by tntwoodcrafts
<br />On June 20th I received a Majestic starter kit that PSI had as a email special.........nice kit. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/e-10294.html One problem, they neglected to add the sizing bushings so I emailed them. On the same day they wrote back "Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware that some of the orders for the Specials went out without bushings. We are shipping those separately and apologize for the delay. Your bushings shipped out today at no charge. Please let me know if you do not receive them in a week or so. Thank you." After waiting more than a week or two they still didn't arrive so back to the keyboard. July 9th I received an answer "Those bushings are due into us the beginning of next week. I am very sorry that you lost a sale, but our supply was limited and we sent out what we had available. The mistake that was made in not including the bushings was simple, human error and, again, we tried to send out what we had available." I am getting tired of the run around so they will not be getting anymore of my business.

CSUSA have a similar looking kit and I'm curious if any one would know if the bushings for their kits would work with the PSI model? They look identical but would like a second opinion. I need those bushings.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Pen_Making___Pen_Kits___Lot...

Thanks all!
Terry

Malainse

I just got off the phone with them, 2:00 pm and was advised that they are still back-ordered. The website said ETA of 7-13-07 and now do not plan on getting them until sometime in September !!!!!!!

tntwoodcrafts

Thanks Malainse, Ed.
Donna at PSI emailed and said that "when they get them they will ship them to me", but never said they won't be in until September. I don't think she like me very much!!
I guess Ed I will have to wait to make this pen with your White Pearl blank. Robert from Greer SC mailed a set of bushings to me this morning. I guess we can probably close this topic as all's well that ends well..............sorta!!
Thanks all.
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom