PSI Majestic Junior Rollerball Assembly Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DRB4381

I'm working on my first Majestic Jr, but not sure which way the little coupler bands go on. In fact, unless I'm blind, I don't even see the bands explicitly shown on the instructions. I assume the bands go on each coupler with the WIDE side of the band against the wood. Is that correct? This is my most expensive kit so far, so I don't want to mess it up. Thanks.

Attachments

• Maj Jr.JPG
    Maj Jr.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 128
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Without sounding like a smart ape, a caliper will really help you with this issue. If you caliper both of the rings and turn to the caliper (rather than two the bushing), The larger ring will go on the larger side of the bottom pen blank.

I always put the larger ring closer to the nib, BUT, I have seen others that put the larger ring to the other end. I'm not saying there way is wrong, it just looks better to me to have the larger end closest to the nib. I think the where two blanks "meet" at the centerband looks better with the fat part there.

aggromere

Be careful selecting which band goes where. I have gotten kits where the bands were in the little envelopes with the wrong piece. They are a good way to size up your blank before you begin finishing or before you put it together. you can just hold the flat side against the blank and see if it fits right.

Top Bottom