PSI Live Center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lpierce65

I just bought one & like it.. Did have a little issue when I noticed the tailstock had loosened and the live center got a little hot.
Very worth the money , if it wears out not expensive to replace..

larry

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
I have it and if I had it to do over I wouldn't get it. It works well enough but the plate on the back keeps coming loose and rattling while I'm turning. All I have to do is screw it back in, but it's annoying. I still haven't gotten around to getting a replacement but when I do it'll be from Johnnycnc.

evanslmtd

Dale
I had the same thing happen to mine. After it did it the second time I put a drop of thread-loc on the threads and it hasn't happened again.

davinci27

I second the back plate coming off. Other than that it is fine. I did finally get the plate tight enough that it doesn't come off regularly. I wouldn't purchase it again, but I'm not looking to replace it either.

aksarben

I bought one and hated it. That ring on the back kept coming loose. I guess I should have tried something like loctite. Instead I got a heavy duty one from little machine shop, it was only $4 more and much better built.

Scott

Attachments

• live center.jpg
    live center.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 241
I'd just go ahead and get one from Johnnycnc here on IAP if I were you, only $4 more and well built and reliable. He is also very helpful and will answer any questions you have about the piece.

polarbear1

And I thought I was the only one whose back plate kept coming loose, I ended up replacing that one after screwing it tight almost every time I used it. I don't remember where I got the new one but it looks about the same and does not come undone.

Top Bottom