PSI Gatsby vs. Woodcraft Wall St. II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sheumais

Are these the same pens? I saw them on the PSI site, and wouldn't mind getting a few kits. Just wondering if the Wall St. II bushings will work vice buying another set.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Altough they have the same tube and take the same bushing, they are two different pen. The gatsby is a finial twist operated pen while the Sierra it a tip twist operated pen. Two differrent approach. I had numerous problem with the sierra coming apart in ladies purse and quit on that kit. Since i switch to Gatsby, no more problems. Some people will say that it can be fix but my opinion is if you have to make fixes to a kit so it work properly it means that the manufacturer just don't care about its produt.

Sheumais

Check out the Pen Kits and Tubes reference chart here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77366

It's very helpful.

The chart looks to be jam packed with good info... like blank size. That sort of info is useful for maximizing blanks you can get when resawing larger boards or blocks; something I do all the time, as it lowers the price per blank, really.
What I'm not seeing is something to the effect of what kits are interchangeable. Nothing there tells me that Woodcraft's "Wall St. II" bushings are the same as PSI's "PKGABU" bushings. Knowing that the tube size and length is the same doesn't necessarily make the bushings the same.

I have however obtained the desired knowledge by asking the question, and I have found a new tool. Mission accomplished!

cwolfs69

in that chart there is also bushing diameter. if you match the tube size, od,id and bushing diameter you can use the same bushings. The length wont matter. Well, kit matters, but if the tube size and bushing size are the same, you can still use the same bushings even if tube lengths are different.

Top Bottom