PSI Executive Tube Short??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Folks:

My last 8 of 10 or so executives appeared to include brass tubes that left too much of the refill point to protrude. Over the last 4 years, I have probably made close to 400 of these. I also barely trim any of the brass when squaring. I use a sanding jig and remove just enough blank material to expose the brass.

I thought I may have been mixing up my tubes with the other kit hardware. However, when turning the last 5 or 6 pens executives, I ensured that I used the tube that was included in the same bag as the kit. Fortunately, I was able to remove enough of the mechanism with my CBN wheels to make it fit and work just fine (perfectly sale-able, although most were gifts) . I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Thanks for reading.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

deeceedub

I've only made two Executives, but both were within the last couple of months. I just checked the one I still have and it was just right; the other I sold but if it hadn't been right I wouldn't have passed it on. The only issue I had was with the black enamel finish, which seems to have had the same quality issues others have documented here.

magpens

Tony,

I think you should phone PSI and ask for replacement tubes.

I know you have already found a workaround, but it is important to make this matter known to PSI.

If you don't actually ask for replacement tubes, and get them mailed to you, PSI will have no record of those faulty kits which you got.

Hi Folks:

My last 8 of 10 or so executives appeared to include brass tubes that left too much of the refill point to protrude. Over the last 4 years, I have probably made close to 400 of these. I also barely trim any of the brass when squaring. I use a sanding jig and remove just enough blank material to expose the brass.

I thought I may have been mixing up my tubes with the other kit hardware. However, when turning the last 5 or 6 pens executives, I ensured that I used the tube that was included in the same bag as the kit. Fortunately, I was able to remove enough of the mechanism with my CBN wheels to make it fit and work just fine (perfectly sale-able, although most were gifts) . I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Thanks for reading.

TonyL

That's a good idea, but i seem to be alone on this one. i will write them. ty.

magpens

Tony,

It doesn't matter if you are alone. Your experience is a valid real experience and should be made known to PSI, please. . Thanks.

Top Bottom