PSI Executive questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie69

Hello, I want to make/gift a few pens for some female coworkers and need a kit that is slimmer, twist transmission and parker style pen to fit the bill. I've been through the pen catalogs and can't find a kit that I'm completely satisfied with but the PSI Executive does seem ok and gets good reviews here and there. Most of my female coworkers like the looks of the Sierra/Diplomats that I carry but all would prefer a lighter skinnier pen. Is the Executive slimmer than the Sierras? I've checked the bushings and tube pdf and there is no info on the Executive.

I like pens that show a lot of blank so a shorter nose cone on the Executive would be a bonus. Is the Nose cone shorter on the PSI Exec than it is on the Sierras?

Thanks
Charlie

Any other suggestions for a parker style slim pen for women?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

Charlie;

The executive is slimmer than the sierra and has one of the best twist mechanisms I have used in kit pens. Always a good seller for me and have never had any client issues.

TonyL

I have made about 6 executives for men and women, there were no complaints. I also use two regularly. Not much meat at the nib, so u may want to reverse paint the barrel and paint the tube, unless you are using an opaque blank.

Smitty's LeRoi Royale. I made about 10 of those, including several for myself all were fine. It's a slightly heavier pen in terms of the width of the "meat", but very nice IMO for guys and gals.

If you'd consider a click pen, try the PSI Slimline Pro. The basic chrome kit is only $4.95. It's an 8mm pen that uses a Parker style refill. I just started making them recently and they are going to be a (low end) feature in my next show.

One thing they could improve on, though, is the clip. I'm not a fan of the black stripe.

Dan Masshardt

I like this Neopean from laulau. I also made one without the cap centerband and it's even slimmer.

Attachments

• image-1536583703.jpg
    image-1536583703.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3303041064.jpg
    image-3303041064.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 125

Charlie69

Thanks everyone for the responses. There are 5 Ladies who would like pens so I'm gonna go with the executive because it won't cost me a lot of $ or time to make them.

The slimline pro was definitely one of the pens I had checked out but I don't want to use a clicker so I ruled them out. Strange how the manufacturers don't make a decent 2 tube slim parker refill pen.

Dan thanks for the mention of the Neopean from Lau lau. That is exactly the pen I'm looking for and if these pens weren't just casual gifts I would get some kits for sure.

Top Bottom