PSI Executive Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silverado

PSI Executive Kit
Hi
Just messed up glueing tube into a beautiful 2 tone Amboyna Blank. Can anyone tell me if he body length is critical? Tube is sticking out a little more than a 1/8 of a inch.

Thanks -Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Tim, I will offer you this possible solution. If you have another brass tube the same size, cut off a piece slightly longer than the amount shorted on the opposite end of your barrel. Prep that piece, apply glue, and insert it into the shorted end. You should now have brass all the way through the barrel, and excess sticking out both ends. Carefully sand down the exposed ends flush to the barrel, and deburr the ends of the brass tubes. Make sure you remove any CA that might have come out at the internal butt joint of the two tube pieces. I have done this several times when this happened to me, and I was able to complete the installation.

Last edited:

Silverado

Thank-you

Thanks Dave

I am attemping this at the moment. Hope it works.:eek:

Regards- Tim

Silverado

Thank-You

Hi Bill

Thanks for your suggestions. I carried it out and got the piece turned.
Hopefully the assembly will cooperate.

Have a Nice Evening!
Regards -Tim

t001xa22

Tim, I'm glad it helped. I can't remember how many kits I have saved using that method. Even though I have an A/C in my shop, often I don't turn it on or turn it on in time to cool down by the time I am doing the fabrication. Consequently, my CA glue will sometimes set up too fast when I fit the tubes into the barrels. Out of sheer desperation, I started doing the butt joint method from the short end, and (knock on wood) I have not had a failure since. My mechanisms have worked as they were meant to.

t001xa22

James, your comment is obviously very good advice. However, when you get to be as old as I am, and your memory continues to fade, you tend to forget those pearls of wisdom. Thankfully, I found a backup solution, but I don't really like to have to use it. I only utilize this method if the turns are irreplaceable. Many more times, I have decided to split and part off the blanks, salvaging the tubes so I can start over.

Top Bottom