PSI Designer Fountain Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I just turned one of these in tulipwood yesterday. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMONT-FPT.html

(Sorry, no pics yet. I had to charge my camera's battery.)

It's beautiful, but I have a question about when the cap is screwed on. Does it leave a gap for anybody else? Where the O-ring can still be seen?

It's a fun inexpensive kit. I'm considering turning a slew of them for gifts.

BTW: I don't know if it's a goof in the website or what, but I was only charged $4.95 for it, and the price is listed as $9.95. But the quantity table shows $4.95.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Don,

I've turned a few of these in the past (a few years ago). I liked the style, for the most part, but the problem I had is that they didn't seem very durable. I had several break off at the tip/nib holder just through normal use (these were not treated violently). Your mileage may vary.

-Barry

d1carter

Don:
I have made a bunch of these and the Designer Elite rollerball and there should not be a gap so that the "o" ring is visible when the cap is closed. I will look at some kits to see what your problem might be and post again. I have good luck with these but not as lucky as you with the price you paid. Good luck.
All the best.

DurocShark

Here's the finished pen. I found that the o-ring needed to be compressed. I was being too gentle with the cap.

TulipwoodFountain.jpg

DurocShark

Another question:

I've never used fountain pens before, but I'm a big dip pen fan. Now I have a bazillion nibs for my dip pens, and none have the little iridium balls on the tip. They're all square and sharp. Yet the nib on this fountain pen has the ball but still grabs the paper. Is it me? Or just a crappy nib on the fountain pen?

Top Bottom