PSI Designer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
After searching the site, I think I an the only one with confusion with the PSI Designer. I have the sizing sleeve to 'help' with the tenon, but don't know how to adjust the darn thing.
Someone mind telling me where to go?:D
ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

The Woodcraft European style is the same thing as the Designer by PSI. Go to Woodcrafts web site and look at their instructions for the European. It wii lexplain a lot better in their about how to cut the tenon. I think you measure 3/16" from the middle on the top part and then turn that down to the bushing until the sleeve slides on snuggly, not too loose. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to the Woodcraft instructions.
http://www2.woodcraft.com/pdf/77B04.pdf

dougle40

I don't have the bushing set with the sizing sleeve so all I do is to measure the inside of the band , then cut the tenon using a micrometer to come down to the size required . Takes a little more time but I've never had to CA a center band on , the pressure fit has always been good .

Fleabit

If I understand the question, the sizing sleeve has two parts. When you slide the "sizing" sleeve away from the tenon, you can cut the tenon down to the bushing. But like mentioned above, measure the inside diameter of the band to make sure you don't take too much off. You have to also measure the width of the band and that is how far you cut back the tenon. Another note, when you leave the sleeve against the tenon, that is the measurement for the "overall" size of the pen. Hope this helps. If I misunderstood the question, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom