PSI Credit Card Pen - Anyone Made This as a Single Barrel ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKCCP.html

Just wondering if this kit can be made as a single barrel pen.

It seems to be basically a very short slimline. . Here is a link to instructions:

https://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKCCP_ins.pdf

The instructions are not particularly clear about several things ...

1) ... what does "engage the two barrels" mean ... same as for slimline ??

2) ... is the transmission anything like the slimline transmission ?? . I know the slimline uses a Cross refill whereas this kit uses a much shorter refill and it looks to me as though the "refill guide" screws into the top of the transmission, similarly to the Cross refill in the slimline.

3) ... how do you replace the refill ? ... just pull the two halves of the pen apart as for the slimline ?

I am mainly interested in making it as a single barrel and wondering if this can be done in the same was as for a single barrel slimline.

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I doubt it can be done in a single. It has to twist to advance/retract. Possibly leave the collar off
and make an allowance. Yes to pull apart to change refill. The refill is a Mini.

Last edited:

magpens

Thanks for your reply, Frank ... yes, of course, I would leave off the center band (or ring, or collar).

This modification that I am talking about can be made to a slimline and there is a library article about doing this. . Many turners do this.
You end up with a "body twist" ... the whole body twists relative to the nib in order to extend/retract the refill.
... or you could call it a "nib twist".

You make the body length equal to the sum of the two tubes plus the center band.
You don't glue the lower tube to the body.
So on the lower half, the "body" is just a "shell" of the barrel material. . When you need to replace the refill, you pull the nib + lower tube + twist mechanism out as one "piece", unscrew and replace the refill, and then push the "piece" back in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom