PSI Combo kit problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

amheck

Hi, I'm looking for kits that have a PDA stylus option. I've just turned several of the PSI 2-way kits and they seem pretty nice. I was hoping for another option, so I tried the Combo kit. The 2 refills are switched by rotating the barell in opposite directions - 1 way pops out the pencil, turning the other way pops out the stylus. The problem I'm finding is that the cartridge is screwed in to the lower brass tube via threads. So when you turn the upper barrel against, the threads, you're fine, but 9 times out of 10, when you try to turn the other way, the mechanism wants to unscrew, rather than switch to the other refill.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any remedy? My first mechanism broke after using it for 5 minutes. Now this second one I can't get the second refill out all the time without the whole pen unscrewing. Is there a chance this is just a bum product and I should just return the unused ones for a refund and forget about it? At $5.50 a pop, plus a nice blank, having these not work out is quite frustrating.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

amheck

Also wanted to add - if anyone knows any other kits that take a stylus refill, besides the PSI 2-WAY and Combo kit, I'd be interested in hearing.

amheck

Jeff, are those stylus refills sold at the standard office supply stores? I'm just getting into the whole PDA thing, and I think the 2-way kits seem to have more appeal, if you're going to carry something that big. But the refill is a nice alternative, to someone who wanted a pen, but could easily change out for the stylus refill.

driften

I think you can get them at office supply stores I was going to check that out, but Berea, and others sell the pda refill for Parker and Cross. Berea lists them as $3 for a pack of 5. CSUSA has the refill for normal twist pens (cross type I think) and a replacement clip that says stylus available.

wayneis

I have been using a PSI 2 way for several months and haven't had any problems. I also have a CSUSA Duo which is also a si,ilar type with both ink and stylus and have good luck with that one. I would think that you probably have not screwed the pen top on tight enough. I'm working on orders for a couple of them right now.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom