PSI Click Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grumble Growl Snarl Snap! I had a fun time last night turning and assembling helf a dozen PSI click pens, the ones that look like the Classic American.
Anyway I finished putting one together and the the lower barrel got scratched on the very first click! !@#@#^&^%&^*%! says I! So I got out my disassembly tools and struggled through that issue. Found that the brass got boogered up when I pressed the center band on. Spent a good deal of the evening with a chain saw file in my hands filing brass down. I eventually got them to work and my wif appropriate the Bocote pen with the twisted knarled grain!

Well I learned that you never trust your pen press, always always file the brass,and that if you take the cap off first the click mechanism will come out. Be very carefull and look at the mechanism because there is a plastic piece that gets seated in the cap nut. This will detach from the click mechanism and then the mechanism will fall apart in three different directions like it did to me last night.

Upshot is I saw a post that was asking about possibly diassembling click pens, it can be done but the real question is are they really worth it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Welcome to the IAP. I think a more important question is "are click pens worth wasting time on?" Most people here will say "no." The mechanisms just aren't reliable enough. I'm not willing to sell, or even give away, something that I know will fail in a very short time.

Ligget

Customers seems to prefer a click pen and there is absolutely nothing available that is of a good enough quality or better plating choice.

Any manufacturers listening?[;)]

arioux

Hi, welcome to the group.

I'm afraid you won't find that much click pens fans around the site. For me they are just worthless and make you loose customer

Alfred

Thank all of you for your input. I appreciate it greatly. Anyone interested in some Spalted Hackberry or Pecan?

Also is there anyone out there that is willing to stabilize pen blanks?

workinforwood

Despite all the drawbacks, customers sure do want these. Maybe I'm in the wrong business, driving a truck. Need to cash everything out and start manufacturing click pens! What click pen do you guys consider to be the best of what is available. Manufacturer and brand. I see PSI has several different choices unlike woodcraft that only has one and I already know what everyone, myself included thinks about that pen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom