PSI CA Glue vs Loctite CA Glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dversluys

Does the Loctite CA glue work as good as the CA glue from Penn State? Just thought it would be easer to buy locally instead of always having to order. I would use both for gluing tubes and CA finish.

Thanks;
Custom Pens by Denny

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hopefully somebody else can answer about the Loctite brand.

I was buying online and was tired of paying shipping if that's all I needed. I have recently started buying from a local hobby/craft shop. Not sure what the brand is, but it works great. I have been using thin CA with no accelerator.

WriteON

I buy 2oz bottles online for about $10(or less) online. Shop....
I will provide info if you would like it.

wood-of-1kind

Loctite is what I use (Loctite 495) and it's certainly not cheap in Canada. Pay about $20 per 1 oz. (28.3 grams) bottle. Tried "others" at much lower prices but nothing compares to Loctite. Do ALL my CA finishes with Loctite 495.

JimB

There are at least 2 vendors here on IAP that sell CA at extremely good prices. Classic Nib and Exotic Blanks come to mind. Even with shipping I find they have the best prices.

Classic Nib and Exotic Blanks come to mind. Even with shipping I find they have the best prices.

Both of those places sell the EZ bond brand for about the same price. The thin EZ bond is the same stuff that I buy locally and it works great for my CA finish.

edstreet

Does the Loctite CA glue work as good as the CA glue from Penn State? Just thought it would be easer to buy locally instead of always having to order. I would use both for gluing tubes and CA finish.

Thanks;
Custom Pens by Denny

I can answer this but many will not like what I have to say on the subject. Perhaps a PM. (read: I am doing an article on CA and not ready to show the results just yet)

Top Bottom