PSI bushings and Berea Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoehler

I was wondering.
do the bushings for the PSI cigar pens work with the Berea cigar kits from AS?
I have been using PSI for all my kits. ( i have been getting them thru Woodchuckers here in Canada as this is easier ).
i was thinking of trying another kit maker to see if what everyone says is true.
question for other Canucks. where do the other Canucks buy their kits?

i just read that i do do not have to worry about orderig from AS as they are no longer shipping outside the US? i guess this means that i only have CSUSA and PSI to order from?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi Jeff, Mainly CSUSA. Ernie at Beartoothwoods sells Berea, is good to deal with and his prices aren't bad. My bushings are Berea so I can't help you on the bushing question...but...if the bushings are OK on the mandrel just compare the fittings to the bushings with calipers or a micrometer. I don't use PSI much because they don't offer too many platings. Oh, and if you order from the US and Customs charges you excise tax and GST/PST (did it to me before) claim a refund for the excise tax. Pen stuff is not dutiable.

wicook

Ouch! That's the first I've heard about BB not shipping to Canada...unfortunately it seems to be all too true. Here's the quote on his shipping info webpage: "Effective December 1, 2005 we will no longer be shipping to countries outside of the United States. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision may cause." [xx(]

I found that the bushings are pretty similar for the same style of pen/pencil...as long as they fit the mandrel. I haven't had to buy the Berea B mandrel yet.

I've ordered from Woodturningz, Pens of Colour, and CSUSA. Looks like Beartoothwoods may be my next Berea supplier since Woodturningz and Pens of Color sell PSI kits (at a nice discount from PSI's prices, I might add). [:D]

Randy_

The Berea "A" mandrel(7 mm) is a few thousandths larger than the PSI mandrel(2-4 thou). It is possible that a tight PSI bushings might be a bit snug or not fit a Berea mandrel at all. But since we are only talking about a few thousandths, a little 600 grit sandpaper taped to a headless nail and chucked in a cordless drill will solve that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom