PSI Bullet Cartridge Pen Problems - Warning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

Due to a mistake in the assembly instructions, I damaged two of the PSI cartridge pen kits today. I purchased them from Woodturningz and they informed me of the error with the instructions.

Woodturningz is awaiting a correction from PSI and until then, I would recommend holding off on assembly of this kit. The issue is that in the second step of the existing instructions, you are supposed to press in the nib with its coupler. It takes so much force to accomplish this, the coupling tube in the center coupler is driven out of the plated portion and into the lower tube. I know of no way to reverse this damage.

I know Woodturningz will make this right but in the meantime, if you have this kit, hold off on assembly until the corrected instructions are available.

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gee, we have had several tutorials on assembling these. (OUR casing pens, not PSI's)

As long as PSI "borrowed" the idea, you would THINK they would have taken the INSTRUCTIONS, too!!!

jedgerton

Ed,

Theirs is entirely different. Its one of the most complex pen types I've used to date. I do like the plating on these but its true that they are not real cartridges.

John

jttheclockman

Now these have been around for awhile now and they have sold alot of them. In fact there was a waiting list or a limit buy on these. I am surprised this has not been up before. Do you think it was just a bad batch or is this an inherient problem that people overcome on their own??? Thanks for bringing it to the forefront.

Moosewatcher

I have done 3 of these pens. I didn't have trouble with the assembly, but I thought the brass finish was really cheesey. I don't think they are going to last long. PSI does have some crappy directions. I've done more than a dozen of the Polaris Click pens and I still can't figure out what the G bushing from a Gatsby pen kit has to do with the assembly of the Polaris kit. It's been in their instruction sheet since they came out with the pen kit and they still haven't removed it.

Ken

Fred

Leave it to the "big guys" to screw up a "simple" style of pen. Reminds me of our government.:wink::biggrin:

Now we know where the retired/fired govt. employee goes to work and "borrow" ideas. At least they apparently are well trained from their stint at the govt.

I'll just stay where I am and leave them to their own form of misery.

jedgerton

Now these have been around for awhile now and they have sold alot of them. In fact there was a waiting list or a limit buy on these. I am surprised this has not been up before. Do you think it was just a bad batch or is this an inherient problem that people overcome on their own??? Thanks for bringing it to the forefront.

John,

I think this is an inherent problem because I didn't have to explain it in detail to the folks at Woodturningz. They have heard about this and they are working to get it corrected. I reversed the steps in the manner that I thought would resolve the issue and have had no further issues.

If anyone is interested in the steps I found to work, just PM me.

John

Top Bottom