PSI Buffalo Bullet Pencil question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cindylee

Hello all,

Have any of you had any experience with the Buffalo Bullet Pencil (golf pencil) from PSI? I have turned them before and have had good luck with them at shows. I am in Florida and people seem to love them. I have a show tomorrow and was planning on stocking up on them. Long and short the order got messed up and I didn't get the kits until Wed night. I turned them today and started putting 20 of them together only to find that the pencil holder portion of the kit was over sized on 14 of the 20 kits. So over sized in fact that it would not even fit into the coupler.

Of the ones that I turned before I had a few where the pencil holder fit VERY snugly into the coupler. It did fit however and it held the pencil. These are totally not serviceable and there is no way that I see to jerry rig it without marring the chrome.

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with them and how they dealt with it. I have a call in to PSI. They are having a "tech" look at the kits and see what is up. The gal I spoke with said they have never had an issue with the kits. Just curious maybe I just got a bad batch.

Thanks in advance,

Cindylee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gothycdesigns

Wow, I'll have to double check when my kit comes in. I ordered one to turn for a guy at work and will be my first time making one. Glad I saw this. I also ordered from PSI. Good luck and post your findings.

ThX

I have made one of these and for the life of me I can not get it apart with out putting it in my teeth and pulling, pencil out of the upper end so one could write with it. I have two more in the box and figured why turn them if they would not come apart.

hilltopper46

I have made a couple and when new they fit very tightly - it seems they loosen up a bit with time.

In addition to that issue I think the outer barrel is too long and the pencil is very unbalanced to write with - I shortened one by ~ 1/2 inch and it felt much more comfortable to me - interestingly enough I sold the long one and the short one is still on the rack. It gets some interest but so far no takers.

Cindylee

Thank you folks. Was beginning to think no one else turned these. They are a great kit, and they sell well. Just not happy with what appears to be ROC quality control. No way PSI would be aware of it if it is not a big seller. Just my luck I guess that I got 14 bad ones out of a 20 kit order. Going to call them back on Monday and see what they found out. Will let you all know.

Happy Turning,

Cindylee

nava1uni

I have turned quite a few, but only had one that was real tight. It did loosen up a bit after taking it in and out a few times. I shorten them just a little and they seem to sell more quickly. Golfers like them a lot.

Cindylee

OK, looks like they are all bad. Spoke with PSI the other day and they are pulling them. Looks like they got a bad batch. Hopefully they get the manufacturer to get it corrected.

gothycdesigns

Got my kit. It is a little loose holding the pencil as mentioned above. But I made a temp fix to that. I used some clear scotch tape and gave it one roll around the pencil. Now fits snug. And yes it is hard to get apart, but after a few times it has loosened some.

I just finished it tonight, I turned a leather body with a CA finish. I work for a shoe company and have access to leather, so I have been messing around with leather pen/pencil blanks.

BuffaloBulletLeather.jpg

BBleather2.jpg

BBleathercloseup.jpg

Thanks
Ray

Last edited:
Top Bottom