PSI Bolt Action Seperation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

donnalleyd

I had given away a PSI bolt action pen with a Fuji pen blank from CSUSA. It returned to me a day later with the bottom portion separating from the blank. What is the best course for fixing the pen. I tried repressing the tip back in and it did not work. I read on the forum about using blue loctite is that still an accepted solution around here? What about CA or Epoxy?

Further more what can I do to reduce the chance of this happening in the future? Thanks in advance for the help and knowledge this forum provides.

Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I use loctite medium or stronger.

CA is brittle and can come loose with impact (dropped pens in cold weather).

Some never have a problem so pick your technique.

WriteON

For the future .... If it feels loose when pressed remove and re-press with a dab of epoxy. If it presses tight the first round leave it be.

Tim'sTurnings

When you try putting your pen back together and if you don't want to use CA because of outgassing, the RED Loctite is the one that is supposed to be permanent. Blue is not for permanent adhesion, or so I've heard. JMHO. (Or Epoxy would work too, probably better).
Tim.

Last edited:

TonyL

Loc tite Red for metal to metal
Loc tite Blue for metal to non-metal

I am sure there are many other solutions as indicated above. I happen to have the best experience with this.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Top Bottom