PSI Bolt Action Pens Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dankc908

Has anyone experienced any problems with the bolt on PSI's bolt action pens breaking? A penturning friend of mine indicated that he had heard of this problem from another penturner. I do have several kits that I am getting ready to make but I wanted to make sure, before I do this, that I'm not going to waste my time or ruin my reputation by selling a product that isn't going to be satisfactory.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fatdawg

I have not had any problems with the bolt action pens yet. Can you be more spacific on what or where they are breaking? I've seen post where others have had problems with the handles coming loose.

wswem

I have had the "bolt" work loose. Take a #1 philips screwdriver and tighten the screw inside the top part of the pen. This seem to work for me. There are also many other comments about this on the PSI site under reviews of this model pen.

All that said. It is a GREAT selling pen.

Good luck !

JD Combs Sr

The only one I have had break is one I tried to rotate the handle on before I new about the set screw.:redface: As hard as it was to break I can't imagine one breaking from normal use unless it had already been stressed by someone trying the same thing I did.

dankc908

I have not had any problems with the bolt action pens yet. Can you be more spacific on what or where they are breaking? I've seen post where others have had problems with the handles coming loose.

My friend said that there were 2 pens where the actual bolt itself broke. It was another turner who had the problem. I don't know any more than this. I will plan on going ahead with my own pens unless I hear of more problems but this sounds like an isolated problem. Many thanks!

Dan

killer-beez

Loose bolt lever...

I have made many of these kits. They have a great finish, fit and feel. The problem for me was the lever came loose and would move mover back and forth when the bolt is thrown. Not sure how to fix.

rossvh

No problems here

I have made over 50 of these pens and have not had any problems with them. I've even modified one by putting a stylus tip on the end for a guy. He loves it. I plan on making as many as I can sell.

dbledsoe

I have made many of these kits. They have a great finish, fit and feel. The problem for me was the lever came loose and would move mover back and forth when the bolt is thrown. Not sure how to fix.

You just need to tighten the locking screw in the cap. The bolt screws into the slide and a small screw locks it in place. You will need a 4 inch Phillips screwdriver to reach it.

dbledsoe

I have also noticed that on the last kits I bought, the top had an extra slot so you can move the clip around to put the bolt on the left without having to cut a slot. Makes it a lot easier to assemble when you want to change the bolt position.

Top Bottom