PSI Big Boy Twist Pen question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Just made one of these, and noted two things.

First, the twist mechanism is bidirectional. That is, the point is extended at both extremes of the twist, and retracted in the middle. Is this normal?

Second, the point doesn't extend very far. Yes, it's functional, but just barely. Is that normal? What can be done to make it extend further?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

rjwolfe3

On the first question, I am assuming this is similar to a Cigar and yes most of those are bi-directional.

As to the second question, are you sure you pressed everything together tight? Also did you make sure the blank was not longer then the tubes?

HTH!

seamus7227

if in fact everything is pressed in ok and you still need your ink to come out a little more, I have found that if you use a collet chuck (Beall chuck) to hold the twist mechanism, you can very carefully shave off some of the threaded portion of the mech, you need to have some level of experience to pull this off, but it can be done, I had to do this recently with one of mine, thats the only way i know, Pm me if you need more help.

monophoto

Problem solved!

I noted that the pen seemed 'bottom heavy' - it, the metalwork at the point end seemed to be a bit long. I tried twisting - and the point unscrewed. The actual point screws into a ring that press fits into the end of the lower barrel. Well, it turned out that there was also a decorative ring between the press fitting and the point, and when that was removed, the 'bottom heaviness' was solved, and the overall length of the barrel was reduced about 1/16" - enough to solve the point extension problem.

Don't know if this is a standard feature or if the kit I got came equipped with an unnecessary part. The instructions don't provide enough detail - - -

Here's a photo of the finished pen - olivewood with teak oil/CA finish.

Attachments

• Olivewood cigar small.JPG
    Olivewood cigar small.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Top Bottom