PSI Bethlehem Olivewood "Offcuts"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I was given a couple of olivewood blanks and really like the way it turns and the way it looks when finished. Being rather short on cash, I was looking at the PSI catalog and see they have a one pound package of Bethlehem Olivewood "offcuts". I was wondering if any of you have bought this and if you get enough usable length pieces to make the investment worthwhile?

Thanks for any advice you can give as to whether this would be worth spending the money for.:confused:

Ernie
Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I'm on my third bag.

There is good stuff in there. Some will be plain grain others very nice.

If you like making single tube pens it's a good buy. If you want to make 2 tube pens I'd not get this and buy full size blanks as these will not match.

Attachments

• image-1255556727.jpg
    image-1255556727.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 248
  • image-3045686608.jpg
    image-3045686608.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 201

Dan Masshardt

I just got one today. Here's what it looked like. They're all decent enough to use I think.

Attachments

• image-4190568936.jpg
    image-4190568936.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 211
  • image-2680265343.jpg
    image-2680265343.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 301

robutacion

I ordered these from George and they are not BOW but are olive wood. Full size blanks and only 2 bucks a piece. Australian Olive wood - PEN blanks raw - Medium box size – George's Bits of Timber Check them out if you just like to turn olive wood and enjoy the smell. I gain nothing from recommending George's olive wood just a happy customer.

Thanks for that mate...!

These Australian Olive wood blanks are actually only AU$1.00 each plus shipping...!

Since when is BOW blanks be sold as off-cuts/shorts, doesn't that look like a "rat"...??? Why would PSI or anyone else, think that people are that dumb...???

I had a look at their site for Olive wood blanks and all of a certain I see a great grained blank edited/multiplied 4 times and sold as a 4 pack, I'm also told that the olive has come from Spain so, the better blanks come from spain and the off-cuts come from Bethlehem, right..??? sure...! have you seen the Californian Olive wood...????

Sorry for the rant...! Never stop to amaze me, how far some people is willing to go...!:eek:

Ernie, if you need Olive wood shorts, I will sent you a 1kg box free of charge, you only pay for the shipping that it is AU$19.00

PM me your details if interested, I will give you my Paypal address, then...!

Cheers
George

StuartCovey

Recently I happened upon a Bethlehem Olive wood cutting board that was on sale for $10. It had great grain throughout the whole thing. I figured I could get at least a dozen full size blanks out of it.
Anyways, turned out to be a great deal, and I was just walking through the store!

Top Bottom