PSI Art Nouveau Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monark88

I've put PSI Art Nouveau Pens together since I began building pens. I've had 7 or 8 returns(plus my own twice) because of unravelling of the plastic threads in the cap. 2 or 3 for a 2nd time.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have wondered if it isn't the different types of threads. Might the low profile metal threads, going into the black plastic higher, traditional profile within the cap, be the problem?

I'm a little shy about doing any more A. N. kits until I find what might be the problem.

Anyone else had this problem? PSI denies any problem exists.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrewsignore

Anyone else had this problem? PSI denies any problem exists.[/quote]
psi did this to me a kit as well thier kits are lower quality i think i started buying else where

flyitfast

:mad: I have had the same problem. I contacted PSI and they sent a replacement part. That one did the same thing. They definitely have a problem. The plastic is threaded too thinly and the metal threads do cut into the plastic.
Of course, the first time it shredded was when a novice pen customer attempted to open the pen and pulled instead of twisting. The second time the part just went to shredded rings after several uses. I still have another kit, but that will probably be the last one of that type I build until they solve that problem that they don't have........:at-wits-end:
It is a shame, really, because it is a nice looking pen and the cost should justify better quality.
Gordon

monark88

yep, that seems to be PSI's tech service-send replacement parts and deny there is a problem. At least in my experience. Yes, the walls are too thin. I have about 12 replacements and noticed that on some the walls are ok, while on others, they are very thin.

76winger

I've built about 10 Nouveau Sceptre's and sold 6 or 7 of them over the past 2 years. So far I've not heard anything back from any of my customers about a problem, but that only means I haven't heard of any problems so far. I'll be interested to hear more on this as that's my better-selling premium pen.

monark88

I've added epoxy around the OD base of the black threaded part. that has seemed to help so far. It seems that, as stated previously, some are very, very thin, some are not. In any case, the user should be cautioned, in some way, to gently post and replace the pen into the cap section.
PSI may have ran into a batch of bad thread sections. I'm a litttle gun shy, but still have some in the drawer that needs trying again.

Top Bottom