PSI 2-way tech pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

amheck

Has anyone here ever made these? Are all these things just junk?

I bought a 2-way stylus/pencil combo a while ago. I made 2 and neither worked right. I think I still have a few more kits lying around collecting dust.

Well, my latest idea was to make a few of these 2-way PSI tech pens (stylus/pen twist combo) and sell them to a few people on my PDA message boards. Figured this would give me a good start into selling some pens. Well, I was getting 2 pens ready to send out (these were freebies) and one of the ink was out, so I went to replace it, and the whole mechanism pushed in. I put the pen back together, and the twist worked fine, but the tip of the stylus/pen did not stick out enough to be seen. I was like "aw, crap, these were just gonna go in the mail" and then I go to do the other one, and the same thing happens.

I'm wondering if I should just send back the kits I just got from PSI and just stick to the better kits. I think I'm just too nervous sending these pens out with my name on them.

You guys ever built these pens before or had a similar experience?

Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

amheck

Yeah, these were fine until I took it apart. Now I can't get it to work. Best I can tell, the "raised" part that grabs the tube so the twist mechanism is not holding. Thus, the twist doesn't work anymore. Bummer. But I guess that's probably why Craft Supplies stopped carrying their combo, too.

wayneis

The kit that you want from Craft Supply is their "Duo Pen Kit" the Combo is a pen pencil combination and will not work unless you only want a stylas and pencil. The Duo works fine, I've done a few with no problems. I also tried the PSI kit and didn't care for it.

Wayne

amheck

Thanks for the tip on the Duo. That looks very nice. And I've been wanting to switch over to Craft Supply anyway. I'll get with BB asap.

Aaron

amheck

Oh, ok will do. Since I'm placing an order with Craft Supplies, do you have any recommendations for a new kit for a semi-beginner to try? I've done the slinlines and the comfort grips from PSI, as well as the tech-2-way and the bullet pen. What's another nice, maybe more easy one to try that would be a little different than the slimlines?

Thanks as always guys!
Aaron

PS How about the Patriot?

erinkg

I'm also a semi-beginner and I really like the cigar pens (I think they're called Americana Cigar at CSUSA). They are very easy and everyone I make them for really likes them.

wayneis

Give the Jr. Gentleman and/or Jr. Statesman kits a try, they are pretty easy and very classy to boot. I just ordered some of the new Black Titanium Jr. Gentleman kits, can't wait for them to arrive. No more threading problems, they should be great.

Wayne

Originally posted by amheck
<br />Oh, ok will do. Since I'm placing an order with Craft Supplies, do you have any recommendations for a new kit for a semi-beginner to try? I've done the slinlines and the comfort grips from PSI, as well as the tech-2-way and the bullet pen. What's another nice, maybe more easy one to try that would be a little different than the slimlines?

Thanks as always guys!
Aaron

PS How about the Patriot?

Czarcastic

Aaron:
This is a photo of one of the CSUSA Duo's. My wife has been using the stylus part daily for the better part of two years. She put red ink into the pen part (bought the refil at office depot).
Pretty easy to make, and they work well.
tn_Osage_dual_pen_PDAstylus.jpg

PS.. if you're looking for some help, our woodturning club (Florida West coast Woodturners) is providing some "mentoring" in January and February, including at least one session that I know of on pen turning. Send me an email or private message if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom