Proxxon DB 250

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rickycan

Hi all!!
I,m looking for the least weight lathe for penturning in shows. Have any of you used the Proxxon DB 250 for that?
Thanks in advance
Ricardo
Spain

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
I have a Serline that I used to carry with me to shows and in the motor home. There are woodturning tool rests and other accessories available for it from Hut Products. They often sell for a very reasonable price on e-bay. It has the advantage that it can also be used for turning metal. Jay Pickens used one of them for his pens that were wonderous works of Aluminum and wood.

There is a hand powered threading attachment available for the Sherline, and I use it with a Dremel tool and a home-made attachment on the tool rest for cutting threads in both wood and plastic.

I use a Jet Mini, on a stand. I take it to wood and craft shows and also teach with it at the local Lee Valley. I love that it is a 1 inch x 8 tpi, very easy to find chucks etc to use on it, I also use it to drill out all my pen blanks. Mine is a belt drive 4 speed, but VS would be nice.

Look on line and locally for used lathes, they come up for sale more often that you can imagine.

I hope this helps

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Turncrafter plus VS

I have a Turncrafter Plus mini-lathe that would work fine for what you want. I bought it from PSI but they don't seem to carry them anymore.

Top Bottom