Proper Sanding Technique, #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Tom McMillian ask about sanding spirals or rope & twisted pens.
Rich also make a comment on how fun hand sanding can be. [:p]
So I will let a little secret out of the bag.....

First, you need to be in a very comfortable position. Notice the full leg extension, to keep the table from moving and it keeps your blood circulating to avoid fatigue.

Secoundly, your sanding chair needs to recline and have rollers, so you don't need to get up, just kinda push yourself around and everything is within reach.

Third, by looking at the photo, I assume I am awake, as the Monte Cristo White is still in my mouth and my hands are in the upright sanding position. But should I doze off, no problem, I will awake and resume sanding, since I am allready in the proper sanding postion.

Lastly, I find sanding the milled areas starting with 1500 MM , using their padded sponge block and working your way threw the grits, should get you a good surface for finishing. Scott mentioned using a flap sander, which sounds like a good idea. I will have to try it. Maybe I can attach a little flap sander to the end of the table and just roll over there to use it :D

Happy Labor Day :D

200595212737_sanding.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
...But should I doze off, no problem, I will awake...
<br />

...I will awake when my head nods and I burn myself in the chest. With luck, I'll only quench my cigar, but the unfortunate time that I have accidentally spilled something highly flammable on my shirt I keep the extinguisher withing rolling distance of my chair. [;)]
LOL

coach

Lost my foot tan since football started, but have a good farmers tan and a sunglasses tan line. I'm impressed with the chair! I need to find an old chair for my shop. Never thought of that.

added: It is kind of like getting a glimpse into Menlo Park seeing Penchetta Park!!!!!!!

PenWorks

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Anthony, we have the same Foot tan lines, LOVE my Sandals without socks...[:I]

John, the last place I would look for tan lines would be Alaska !
Ron, good choice for your shop, I tried those at the Big Smoke in Vegas last year, Nice smoke [:p]

Come on William, you don't have a foot fetish [:D]

atvrules1

Boy Anthony, just when I was thinking that you were the hardest working one around. [:D] No really, it just looks like you are enjoying yourself. There are worse things in life, thats for sure. Keep turning spirals like those last few you posted, they were great.

Darley

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Tom McMillian ask about sanding spirals or rope & twisted pens.
Rich also make a comment on how fun hand sanding can be. [:p]
So I will let a little secret out of the bag.....

First, you need to be in a very comfortable position. Notice the full leg extension, to keep the table from moving and it keeps your blood circulating to avoid fatigue.

Secoundly, your sanding chair needs to recline and have rollers, so you don't need to get up, just kinda push yourself around and everything is within reach.

Third, by looking at the photo, I assume I am awake, as the Monte Cristo White is still in my mouth and my hands are in the upright sanding position. But should I doze off, no problem, I will awake and resume sanding, since I am allready in the proper sanding postion.

Lastly, I find sanding the milled areas starting with 1500 MM , using their padded sponge block and working your way threw the grits, should get you a good surface for finishing. Scott mentioned using a flap sander, which sounds like a good idea. I will have to try it. Maybe I can attach a little flap sander to the end of the table and just roll over there to use it [:D]

Happy Labor Day [:D]

200595212737_sanding.jpg
<br />

Great tutorial Anthony for the sanding lesson, I would have to say that here I can do the same ( if I buy this legacy l200 ) but on my side it will have a slab of beer[:D] ( slab of beer = carton of beer ) and by the way I will not forgot to lit my cigar [:D][:D]

Sorry to miss paltalk yesterday got tangled in business net

PenWorks

Come on Bev, you should know, GUYS look good in everything, we don't need to match [:D]
Besides, those are my favorites, a Cigar Aficionado cap with my Provo Woodturners Symposium T, you can't get any classier than that [:D] and my Italian leather recliner is upstairs for those deeper thoughts [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom