Professionally sharpened Pen mills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Vey

I just want to let you know that I got my pen mills back from Paul Huffman, and must say they are superb!! They never cut so good even when they were new and I had touched them up with a diamond hone.
This was very much worth every $ I paid for it and the turn-around was extremely fast. Thanks Paul!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Thanks, Rudy. (checks in the mail [:D]) Seriously, the offer is still there. $10 for the first one, $5 each for additional ones. If you send your drill bits in with the mills, I will touch them up as well for .50 each.

PenWorks

I'm down with that, sent you an e mail. The only thing I seem to cut with my pen mills is my fingers [:D] I have been using my disc sander for the past year. Don't worry Paul, there is no RUST on them [:D]

PenWorks

I will secound what Rudy said. Got mine back today, I almost cut my fingers just taking off the protective tape Paul put on them ! Thanks Paul, great job....now where are the instructions to keep them sharp [:D]

Paul in OKC

however, a better seet of maintenance instructions than the above WOULD be appreciated [:D]

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I think the best way to hand sharpen is the way most seem to do with a stone or diamond thing, on the flute, NOT on the 'face'. If you can keep the stone flat on the face, it can work, if not you'll end up creating a negative rake tothe edge, which will cut poorly if at all. Just be sure to maintain about 10 degrees angle (I sharpen them at about 7 on the machine) This should work for a few touch ups, eventually they will need to be trued up with a machine grind.
BTW, when sending mills, You can remove the shaft if you want. I have a jig made that I use, but you can leave the screw in.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom