professional-looking blue ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bking0217

I have the 10 Jr Gent 1 fountain pen kits coming in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to have my wife sell some of them at her law firm but they can only use blue ink because of all the legal documents they do. Indy Pen Dance has a great deal on Private Reserve ink right now but it comes in a gazillion colors. For the attorneys and paralegals to even consider these pens, it has to have professional-looking blue ink. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I have the 10 Jr Gent 1 fountain pen kits coming in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to have my wife sell some of them at her law firm but they can only use blue ink because of all the legal documents they do. Indy Pen Dance has a great deal on Private Reserve ink right now but it comes in a gazillion colors. For the attorneys and paralegals to even consider these pens, it has to have professional-looking blue ink. Any suggestions?

Brian,

We have many shades of Blue ink in both Bottles and Cartridges. I would recommend DC Supershow Blue or Lake Placid Blue. You can view the color chart on line at
http://www.indy-pen-dance.com/Private-Reserve-Fountain-Pen-Inks.html (I might note that the colors seem a little lighter on the chart than on the chart we have in hand.)

Linda

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I like the Lake Placid blue. But have recently switched to the DC show blue. The DC blue is a really nice blue. I have a few professional friends that use it on a daily basis.

IPD_Mrs

Invincible Aqua Blue Fountain Pen Ink is Private Reserve's answer to the issue of "forgery" per their write up...

This new ink resists bleaching or washing to give you added security when writing a check. 75ml cobalt blue bottle.

However, like Noodlers (unless they have made recent changes), this does not come in cartridges.

Last edited:

ThomJ

The blue in legal work is to sign originals, because when they run the through a copy machine it comes out black. This way they can tell the originals

alphageek

Former Moderator
The blue in legal work is to sign originals, because when they run the through a copy machine it comes out black. This way they can tell the originals

LOL.. We went through this conversation not that long ago on here. That may have been true in the past, but not with modern copiers. If you copy them with a black/white copier, sure - but its not a true test of originals anymore.

On topic, I like the black magic blue, but it may be too dark for what you're looking for.

ThomJ

So true about these modern copiers, but I just had to sign ther big D papers & the court made me sign in blue

Top Bottom