problems with cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

well just put together a beautiful ambonya burl cigar and got all the pieces fitted together, just once I think I'm in the clear (on my most beautiful ambonya burl pen to date) I go to put the two halfs together and they stop with a 1/4'' in between them.:confused:
never had this problem before with a cigar. please help me salvage this pen:frown:

I call upon the collective hundreds of years of wisdom from my fellow members here at IAP! :worship:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

From the problem you describe it sounds like the centerbands plating is too thick and not slipping over the brass part of the transmission . The fix is to use a small file or dremel tool to enlarge the opening in the centerband a little .
This seems to be a problem with the lesser expensive cigar kits , but I have seen it on a few of the higher priced cigar kits as well .

Jmhoff10500

well just put together a beautiful ambonya burl cigar and got all the pieces fitted together, just once I think I'm in the clear (on my most beautiful ambonya burl pen to date) I go to put the two halfs together and they stop with a 1/4'' in between them.:confused:
never had this problem before with a cigar. please help me salvage this pen:frown:

I call upon the collective hundreds of years of wisdom from my fellow members here at IAP! :worship:

Sorry guys, but i think i might be bringing the total down because I'm in the negatives...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rmartin

Do you have an upper barrel of another cigar pen? Try it to see if the problem still exists. If it fits fine, then I think you have some glue residue inside the upper barrel. Do you have disasembly tools? Take the upper apart and hone out the tube, then press back together.

ZanderPommo

thanks rmartin.
turns out if was faulty parts. I was able to successfuly disassemble the pen and man its gorgeous.still dunno exactly what was wrong
I'll post a pic tonight in the soyp forum

thanks all:)

Top Bottom