problems with Berea Lever Action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RODNEYBREAN

I purchased 6 lever action pens from Berea and 2 of the 5 pens I assembled do not work. The lever action will not advance or retract the refill. If you unscrew the lower section of the pen 2 or 3 turns it kinda works but only once. Not sure what is going on with them. Is anyone else having issues whit this kit?? Not very impressed, 2 out of 5 kits not working aren't good odds. Any Ideas? Suggestions??

Thanks,

Rodney

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryt

i made 3 of these pen kits and had one do that exact same thing, i called them they sent a replacement, and asked that I return the one that wasn't working. They said that they had not heard of this issue and wanted to investagte.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have a report of a couple that don't work, that came from Exotics. So, I have been playing with a kit, to be certain the ones I send for replacement DO work.

I have found that the problem may not be the "click". It appears that the refill can "hang up" slightly on the center coupler, or is it hanging up inside the nib? There seems to be clearance at the coupler. Rotating the refill can change this condition, making it sporadic.

Those who have tops that "don't work", can you try that same top on a pen that does work, please??

Thanks for any feedback,

Ed

Edit in: after "futzing" with the refill and spring and lower pen assembly for a while, the "didn't work" click mechanism works great. I don't think, in this case, it was the clicker!! More "bad ones" needed to decide what is the actual problem.

Last edited:

partynekid

I bought 3 kits and 2 didn't work. I called them they sent 2 replacements and requested send the 2 that don't work back

ELCAMINO63

i have done a few the only time i have issues if i have done one is if the the tube was a lille short which sounds like the case

WriteON

Slight change of subject. I made 3. All work fine. However I don't like the body (blank) on one of them and want to change it. Disassembly is an issue. I'm concerned about damaging the tip when trying to punch out the coupler/ tip. The coupler is tight. Ain't budging. Any suggestions

Last edited:
Top Bottom