problem w/ Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryankelley

While assembling a Jr. Gent I tried to match the grain on the cap and the barrel, after I noticed that it was off quite abit. Is there any fix for this or is it a case of practice makes perfect. Also is there a way to disassemble a Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Done that,

Get yourself a transfer punch set from HF if you dont already have one.

Gently knock out the end on the cap with the clip with the largest punch possible.
Push the black plastic threaded part out the top.
Remove the centerband with another punch (largest that will fit).

Hold these parts in your hand while disasembling and give quick strikes with a small hammer, they will slowly work there way out.

When I put my Jr gents together the centerband is the last fitting to go on. I thread the centerband on the finial and line up the grains, snug the black plastic in the cap and unscrew the centerband making sure it dosent move. Press the centerband into place......

chris99210

On a Jr. Gent you can start screwing on the cap from a number of positions -- I think 3 or 4. I assemble the pen barrel portion first. I then screw the threaded insert onto the nib and carefully hold the cap against the black plastic portion of the insert as I first eyeball and line up the grain patterns and then carefully unscrew the barrel/nib, hold this orientation of the insert to the cap and then press the insert into the cap. Then when I'm done assembling the cap I can find the proper 1 in 3 or 4 starting positions, screw the cap onto the pen, and the grain pattern lines up. Of course the next time someone takes it apart and then screws the cap back on they only have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right!

rherrell

I slide the unassembled top over the assembled bottom BEFORE I screw on the CB. I then line it up and put a witness mark on both pieces with a grease pencil. Then I screw on the CB and line up the marks. I confuse easily and the marks help keep me straight!:biggrin:

hilltopper46

On a Jr. Gent you can start screwing on the cap from a number of positions -- I think 3 or 4. I assemble the pen barrel portion first. I then screw the threaded insert onto the nib and carefully hold the cap against the black plastic portion of the insert as I first eyeball and line up the grain patterns and then carefully unscrew the barrel/nib, hold this orientation of the insert to the cap and then press the insert into the cap. Then when I'm done assembling the cap I can find the proper 1 in 3 or 4 starting positions, screw the cap onto the pen, and the grain pattern lines up. Of course the next time someone takes it apart and then screws the cap back on they only have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right!

DO THIS BEFORE YOU TAKE THE PEN APART!! THIS IS MOST LIKELY WHAT HAS HAPPENED!! YES, I AM YELLING!!:smile-big::smile-big:

Top Bottom