Problem with Sierra click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Xander

Just made my 2nd Sierra click but there seems to be a problem.

The cartridge does not retract all the way in, and when 'extended' it is way out. I've looked at it, compared it with the other 2 kits I have but can't find the problem. Any clues?

EDIT. Fixed it. I had to cut 1/16" off the little pin do-dad that fits in the top of the cartridge.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Most of the Sierra clicks I've done have a small spacer that attaches to the refill. You should be able to grind it down on a disk sander or even just using a file.

Xander

Most of the Sierra clicks I've done have a small spacer that attaches to the refill. You should be able to grind it down on a disk sander or even just using a file.

There is a spacer that goes between the refil and the clicker mechanism. It has a pin on one end that fits into the refil and a recess that fits over the mechanism. I just had to take a little off the pin so it fit all the way into the refil. All 3 kits have the same problem, to a lesser degree.

Thanks for the input.

BSea

You can adjust the spacer and the pen tube to get different sizes of the Sierra click. I think the standard length of the click tube is too long. I like the tube to be about the same size as the standard twist sierra tube. All it takes is to shorten the tube & shorten the spacer to get the refill to extend properly. You can even make a shorter pen and eliminate the spacer altogether.

Xander

You can adjust the spacer and the pen tube to get different sizes of the Sierra click. I think the standard length of the click tube is too long. I like the tube to be about the same size as the standard twist sierra tube. All it takes is to shorten the tube & shorten the spacer to get the refill to extend properly. You can even make a shorter pen and eliminate the spacer altogether.

I noticed the Click tube is longer and to be honest was a little ... annoyed as I was planning to get 2 pens per blank. Now that you mention it I can see how the click can be made shorter. I will keep this on file and next time take a close look at this. I think the twist and click should be the same length.

You know what, if it wasn't so much work I'd disassemble these 2 and shorten them.

Top Bottom