Problem with Sierra...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BogBean

Is anyone having a problem with oversize tubes? I have put 3 kits togather and two of them have an ID to large or the pen parts are to small....Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Do you mean to tube is too big even for both the finial/clip end and the nib end or only for the nib end? I just made four of them and nib end is a bit loose, but I think it's supposed to be that way do the refill can be changed.

BogBean

I just checked the last one I made and it looks like about .005" gap between nib and tube which feels to loose for me...

BogBean

It was my problem...lol The pen tightens up after final assembly. Sorry about the post....

Ligget

Hey Chuck, that was a great post!

It will save us all posting the same when we build our kits!! LOL

Now at least we know what to expect![:0][;)][:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Randy_
I seem to remember seeing another post about the hardware being a little loose. A small dab of CA in the end of the tube will solve that problem!!

Just make sure that you don't put any CA at the nib end, or the pen will be rather non-functional to say the least.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
If you put CA on the fittings(Mickey Mouse last resort) it will be a temp fix but why did it happen in the first place?
My guess is if you are using a pen mill either you scarred the tube while inserting the mill with the DP running or there is some kind of burr at the end of the mill(Usually a piece of CA glue.
Also if you CA the parts in, WAIT until the glue has time to CURE not just set.
Otherwisw you might experience a "white bloom" over the paart that aare in close proximity to the glue.
(DAMHIKT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom