Problem with Ryobi lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sgimbel

I want to remove the live center out of the tailstock and replace it with a 60 degree live center. I cannot get the center out that came with the lathe. Is it removable? What's the trick? It spins freely like it should but I just can't get it out. I assume it's a MT 1 like the head stock. Help please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Scott; Most tail stocks (TS) are "self-ejecting". Crank the TS until the TS cylinder is fully retracted away from the head stock. It should tighten up, Give it one more turn and the live center should pop free.

Hope this helps.

jttheclockman

I want to remove the live center out of the tailstock and replace it with a 60 degree live center. I cannot get the center out that came with the lathe. Is it removable? What's the trick? It spins freely like it should but I just can't get it out. I assume it's a MT 1 like the head stock. Help please.

What lathe do you have???? Seems like it is just stuck. Do you have the manual????

sgimbel

Hi everyone. No I don't have a manual and YES IT WAS JUST STUCK. It had a bead of rust or gunk around the entry point and I was able to break it loose. It is a MT 1 if anybody else has the same lathe and you have to back out the tightening knob a hole bunch to make the MT area deep enough to accept anything else. Thanks for everyones help. I'm ordering my 60 degree life center now.

tbfoto

Sorry I'm late seeing this thread. I have this lathe. Love mine. It is a great little lathe for pen making. Glad you got it figured out.

Top Bottom