Problem with refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
where is it hanging up at. Usually if your refill has a sticker around it thats were its hanging up at.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Does anyone have problems with the refill that fits the Sierra pen kit.I bought a few kits from a guy but it seems to me that his plain refill(no name on them) fit ok but my refills that I use like the SCHMIDT P900 will not.Any ideas please.

www.etsy.com/shop/PatsHandcraftedPens

That is not terribly uncommon Pat, if it is hanging at the tip it usually means the Schmidt refill tip section is a tiny bit larger than the stock refills shipped with the kits. the easy fix is to take a drill bit of appropriate size and ream the hole in the tip by hand. That usually fixes the problem... Also some Schmidt refills using private reserve ink had a tape label on the body of the refill, that tape caused the refill body to be a tad too large and caused hanging up-- removing the tape usually fixed the problem. I haven't seen refills with the tape for quite awhile.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
the easy fix is to take a drill bit of appropriate size and ream the hole in the tip by hand.
That would be a #38 bit.

Some of the gel-ink refills also have slightly larger diameter tips than the kit refills. The #38 bit will accommodate those as well.
Good show Erik, I was too darned lazy to get off my butt and go check.:)

jrc

I only use the chrome in the sierra kits and sometimes the nib hole has a build up of the chrome plating so I take a small drill bit and work it in and out of the hole.

Top Bottom